Join us for our 6th annual Riverwalk Trick or Treat event, on Saturday, October 29, 2022, from 4 pm – 7 pm. This is a FREE community event! Children in costume and their families are invited to come and trick or treat along the Riverwalk as well as enjoy fun activities. We will have over 50 treat stations participating along the Riverwalk from Water Works Park to MacDill Park including Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park. At the conclusion of the event, we invite you to stick around and enjoy the Halloween Lighted Boat Parade along the Hillsborough River.
Riverwalk Trick or Treat Details
DATE: Saturday, October 29, 2022
TIME: 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Event is rain or shine.
LOCATIONS: 2 mile stretch from Water Works Park to MacDill Park including Curtis Hixon Park
TRICK OR TREAT BAGS: Bags are available (3 locations) while supplies last, starting at 3:45 PM
TREATS: One item per child in costume, per location, while supplies last
NEW!: Friends of the Riverwalk in partnership with Tampa Theatre introduce Movie in the Park at 7:30 PM in Curtis Hixon Park. Movie to be announced. Food trucks will be onsite.
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Riverwalk Trick or Treat (Water Works Park, Curtis Hixon Park, MacDill Park, & along Riverwalk)
5:00 PM - Costume Conest (Water Works Park)
6:30 PM - Boat Parade
7:30 PM - Movie in the Park (Curtis Hixon Park)
Interested in participating in the event? Click button below!
Sponsorships for the Riverwalk Trick or Treat 2022
To keep the Riverwalk Trick or Treat a FREE community event, we rely on event sponsorships to make that happen. Multiple sponsorship levels are available to accommodate any size budget and provide a variety of benefits.
Any literature, pamphlets, flyers or other written materials passed out to children, family members, or other adults, guardians, or supervisors that may attend the event must be submitted and approved by written event organizer permission.
For more information about sponsorship, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you to our presenting 2022 sponsor Banko Overhead Doors, Inc.!
Riverwalk Halloween Costume Contest presented by Nirvana Title Co.
Water Works Park Stage
October 29, 2022
Come out and compete for Best Dressed Costume at our Riverwalk Trick or Treat event on Saturday, October 29th. Judges from the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation will each select their favorite costume in all age groups.
- Assemble a creative, spooky, funny or imaginative costume and wear it on your body.
- All costumes are welcomed; homemade, magically found, simply appear with a flick of a wand or even purchased or rented.
- Keep your costume “G” rated as this is a family event.
- Parents are welcome to walk with children on stage during judging.
- Each age group will be capped at 50 participants per age group due to the size of the stage, so register early!
- Four winners in each age group will be awarded immediately following each contest.
- Costume Contest will be judged by four National Pediatric Cancer Foundation Warriors.
- 0-4 years old
- 5-8 years old
- 9-12 years old
- Registration is the day of the event only, no pre-registration is required.
- Located at Water Works Park under the gazebo by the stage.
- Registration will be 4PM-5PM OR when each age group meets limit of participants (50 per group).
- Participants will check-in according to age and receive a color-coded wristband for their age group.
- Participants will report to the back of the stage at the time listed below.
- Participants will then walk the stage during the contest!
Age Group 0-4:
- Line Up - 5:15 PM
- Take Stage - 5:20 PM
Age Group 5-8:
- Line Up - 5:30 PM
- Take Stage - 5:35 PM
Age Group 9-12:
- Line Up - 5:45 PM
- Take Stage: 5:50 PM
2021 5th annual Trick or Treat event photo gallery
2021 Trick or Treat Map
Check out the Trick or Treat Map from 2021! Stay tuned for 2022 map coming closer to event date!